Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Tech support quickly resolves issues by getting to the exact root cause

What is our primary use case?

We are in the retirement industry. We use it for application-based automation. We are trying to mimic our operations to redundant business users' tasks, like clearing claims and loans.

We are using version 10.7. We are currently trying to upgrade to version 11.3.

What is most valuable?

We use Bot Insights. Business users utilize Bot Insight dashboards to get analysis.

What needs improvement?

In the 10.7 version, the back-end port for the MetaBot password has looping. This has been a type of limitation. Now, we are upgrading and integrating the Control Room, which is a validating feature.

I would like them to add OCR features. This would help us deal with unstructured data and we can get more data out of images.

I would like to see more features related to artificial intelligence.

We have had it one year.

The latest version is more stable. We have mostly legacy applications. We do interact with Automation Anywhere support for patches and DLLs which are compatible with our legacy applications. Maybe after our upgrade, we can expect more stability.

In couple of months, we are looking to upgrade. We have set up our environment for integrating in AWS into our architecture. We are setting this up now and planning to install Automation Anywhere 11.3 to see how it is.

It is scalable. Since we have only had it one year, we are still looking into the scalabilty factor.

The technical support is good. They are knowledgeable and don't waste much of our time. They are quick in resolving things by identifying the exact root cause.

We try to resolve the issue from our side first because we are trained in the product. It is only when we can't solve the issue that we contact support.

The initial setup is straightforward, except when setting up with cloud-based services, like Amazon. The cloud-based setup process is complex.

Automation Anywhere came in and helped set up the tool for us since it was initially new when we onboarded it.

It has saved us a lot of hours, manual effort, and we can focus on more important tasks, which helps us with our ROI.

We purchase on a bot basis. Our costs are approximately $5,000.

There are a lot of vendors out there, like Blue Prism and UiPath. However, A2019 offers cross platform and single point, which is why I would recommend Automation Anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

I have been very impressed with the A2019 version. This version is phenomenal.