Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Improves efficiency and stability through reduction of manual tasks

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to automate the following task:

• Open MS-Excel-File from Folder
  • Update the data with keystroke-command
  • Wait for calculation of the result
  • Save the file
  • Loop the command above for each file in the folder
  • Send email-notification to the task owner
  • Send Quality Check to task owner (.pdf-command)
  • Error handling (where applicable)

How has it helped my organization?

This solution gives us greater employee satisfaction because manual recurring work has been reduced. We also have a savings of manpower, independently of office-hours thanks to bot scheduling.

We redesigned tasks before the implementation of bots, and have higher stability through standardized Bot Runner.

What is most valuable?

We find several functions valuable, including:

• The Files/Folder command makes it easy to work off each file in a folder. I don't know how else to do this command.
  • The Variable Operation makes it easy to work with variables. The system variables catalogue is helpful.
  • The Send eMail Command helps with the flow of information.

What needs improvement?

In the Microsoft Excel features, it needs a command to wait for a calculation to complete.

In Microsoft Excel, why isn't it possible to share a session in different tasks? It's complicated to program all of the commands in the same tasks (loss of overview).

The Filter function only supports four commands (Mouse/Key/Delay).

In the Optical Overview for the Loop command, an if/else would be helpful.

I have been using this solution for eight months.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

It takes a lot of effort to build up the internal infrastructure/topics like Virtual Machine/Security/development-Governance/Usecase-Management.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.