Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

The Control Room, schedule features, and client repository help with day-to-day bot development

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for automating tasks such as:

• Manual journal entries on monthly closing
  • Travel and expense claims processing
  • Net sales monthly closing checks
  • Logistics master data maintenance for every new shipment
  • Vendor creation on master data for every new demand
  • Order confirmation reminders automated for vendors

How has it helped my organization?

We are just using it as one of the automation technologies. The major automation has already happened over SAP on the backend since the whole company globally runs on a single ERP. However, where conventional methods or basic solutions don't work, it definitely helps to use AA software.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the SMART Recorder.

The overall developer client has an easy-to-use UI.

The Control Room, scheduling features, and client repository are really good features that make day-to-day bot development and enhancement quite quick and easy.

The PDF Integration feature is also quite helpful, as well as the Send email command that helps us skip a lot of Outlook-based steps that are not necessary.

What needs improvement?

More support required to be embedded in the SMART Recorder for SAP objects.

IQ Bot should be available embedded as a feature on the developer client and not as a separate product.

Some NLP AI is required to work in combination with RPA, especially for reading unstructured emails.

We have been using this solution for two years.

This solution is quite stable. We get one or two tickets in the whole year due to any downtime and that is never due to AA.

AA is the easiest and the best when it comes to scalability.

Technical support for this solution is the quickest and the best. I always get a response within the same day and their support matches our SLAs.

It was a little complex due to the IIS Manager and a lot of other features but with version 11 and beyond it is much easier to install and configure.

We performed the implementation in-house.

While calculating the setup cost you should account for the server, virtual machines, product licenses, maintenance costs, and running costs.

Before choosing this solution we evaluated UiPath and Blue Prism.

What other advice do I have?

Be careful with the installation of this solution. It is better to do it with support from the vendor at first.

1 visitor found this review helpful