Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Saves us time, improving our quality, while providing ROI

What is our primary use case?

I actively participate in doing all the data analysis and robotics things in the company.

I work for a Genpact. Its a Genpact India, which is privately maintained. It's a US-based company. We work for a different type of a client. It's not only about healthcare. We work for a financial domain and financial development domain. We deal with different types of analysis, where we apply all types of robotic automation processes along with machine learning algorithms, if required. It all depends upon the client and what they require to done on their behalf.

This solution is all about robotic process automation (RPA), which we deal with. We know that in real life, we have hectic work day-to-day and the volume is increases. Doing manual intervention leads to error. That's why everywhere it feels like we are implementing robotic process automation. In a traditional way, we used to use that RPA console, but this tool helps us do RPA and saves us time, improving our quality. This is required at any level to get a better ROI.

How has it helped my organization?

It's all about the client requirement. About six months back, we received a request from a client who wanted us to automate their process. We gave different solutions to do it. They came up with a solution, and said "Okay I want you to go with RPA using this automation tool".

That is how Automation Anywhere came into the picture. It took almost two to three weeks to first learn because we were not aware of how it works. As a consulting company, you need to take a project first because that is the important part. If you miss the project, it will go to another company. So, we took the project and learned about how to involve all these things. We built a team who understood the process, what needed to be done, and what did not need to be done in this particular process, then we took this project.

Based on using this RPA tool, Automation Anywhere, we delivered successfully. The client was happy because they suggested it and gave us the idea. We didn't have to worry about how it would work. So, it was fine for us.

What is most valuable?

When you look at the volume to process, it takes time. You have a mindset that you may fall in error. If you want to reduce both those things, you need to come up with a solution that will give you both those things together: One is quality, which you are always looking at, and second, your costs. This also saves the cost because you need to hire 10 people to do VBA automation, that will take time. If you use tools which are already enabled with Automation Anywhere, you can enable and use them wherever you want. I feel good comfortable with this particular tool.

What needs improvement?

I suggest that they add some features in dashboard, where you can say, "These type of features are things that people like more." You want to add those to your project and showcase them to the client so they will be happier. Because you know what features people like if you give a suggestion, that is good for everyone.

I could not say it's a stable product, because when you move in the market, there are many companies are there. They are coming with the different features about your machine learning algorithm, and we should have something predefined.

We already have in Automation Anywhere something that is giving me suggestions. The moment someone is capturing data or reading data, you might suggest, "Okay, you want to do these things." It means that you are giving a suggestion based on the prior historical data that you have collected from different clients. If that is getting enabled, then it would be good because I would not have to worry about what features I would need to add. We know that the client might be looking for these types of features.

I feel day by day there will be an implementation coming up and we will be adding new features. I will look forward to using their services for this.

A tedious task, they have reduced it to a normal task. So, I feel comfortable because Automation Anywhere (the company) is working toward minimizing our efforts, and we are happy with that.

If the process was totally VBA-driven, e.g., sending a mail to a client and attaching so many document to emails, that's very tedious stuff. Something might happen if you do it by VBA automation. E.g., if you're Excel is not responding or what will happen if your system will get hung. The Automation Anywhere tool is in cloud so we don't worry about that. It's all about Internet speeds and servers that are stalling out. I feel that it save us time and provides ROI as a monetary benefit because it reduces FTE, the number of headcount working for a particular project.

I was just aware of this particular tool apart from using a VBA tool for normal automations, I am happy with this tool. I will not be going with another tool. There is always a market open so people can go and switch. However, I feel this is a good tool for day by day. Everything coming over is new, which is very good.

What other advice do I have?

I feel giving them an eight to nine (out of 10). There should be always improvement for any product which comes out the market because there is also a competitor inline with them.