Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Provides visibility of business-level metrics as well as operational-level metrics, but the installation was complicated

A2019 Release

What is our primary use case?

I work in the logistics industry.

Right now, we have different processes and use cases that we are using it for.

1. It is extracting information, partial information, and real information. This is one type of use case.
  2. We also use it for the company accounting related information that we are doing.
  3. We get different types of rates from different windows. We are using it for that process.

These are the high-level three use cases that we are currently working on.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features that I see for automation with enterprise RPA are IQ Bot and Bot Insights. If you do anything, Bot Insight will provide the dashboard. It starts from the developer with artificial intelligence and the dashboard, which will provide the visibility of business-level metrics as well as operational-level metrics. Those are the good things I see in automation.

What needs improvement?

Whatever I was thinking for version 11.3, it's being implemented in the A2019. For example, it is great that the product will be:

• Integrating with cognitive analytics.
  • Integrating with Azure.
  • I can write scripts.

In version 11.3, if I want to write a Python script, then I write an ESX file. This is gone in version A2019.

I am at three month working with Automation Anywhere.

It is a stable product. We do experience some technical issues. However, since they are in our environment, any downtime which occurs will be with our environment, not with Automation Anywhere.

All the RPA solutions should be scalable, but I do see version 11.3 as a scalable solution that was provided. Most on the developer side don't have the knowledge on how to do the queue, as that is case management. Or, the scalability without touching the core. I do see that- So, I am expecting Automation Anywhere to share this type of knowledge with the people, then it will be a real, scalable solution.

I feel great about this conference and the way that people connected each other, from the developer to top management. Within three months, since I started my experience with Automation Anywhere, it has been nice and good.

The installation piece was sort of complicated because we are new to the business. We are new to installing Automation Anywhere services and the services that they are providing. So, we are sort of expected some kind of installation engineer to come onto our premises and provide the support, rather than remotely.

We have IT people. So, if people are coming, IT and the installation engineers sit together and install everything. People are supportive, but IT is in a different location from the installation engineers. Connecting everyone together is sort of hard. However, the installation piece is very straightforward. Though, at the enterprise level, making it work takes a long time.

We have seen ROI on one of the process, but not on the other processes yet.

What other advice do I have?

My experience based on version 11.3, I would rate the product as a six (out of 10). It will go up with A2019.

IQ Bot