Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

We have in-built features for SAP making it easier to use

Customer Experience

What is our primary use case?

We normally use automation to interact with SAP applications. Our platform is entirely built on SAP. We are mainly a manufacturing company. We interact with SAP and do a lot of things, like invoicing, entering the value in SAP, and so on and so forth.

What is most valuable?

The ease of access and deployment are the most valuable features. With SAP, moving from production test to production is very difficult, it takes too long and too much testing. If there's an error or any change in the system, you will have to go through a huge process which takes around one to two months. However, in Automation Anywhere, if you want to do a small or a medium-level change, you can ask the developer to work on it. E.g., one or two weeks is hardly enough for us to develop and deploy it again. So, it sources and is much faster. I believe the security is a very important matter in terms of our company, so that is also an aspect where Automation Anywhere shines.

From an SAP point of view, we have in-built features. They have integrated everything together, so it's much easier for us to use that.

What needs improvement?

We have in-house, a few variables, which we use from technical perspectives. We don't have them in Automation Anywhere, but they introduced them yesterday. I had a word with an Executive Officer, and he told me that they took all this into consideration and developed it.

I've been an automation developer for the past two to two and a half years. I've been using it for quite a long time now.

It depends on how you develop it predominantly. Because it's not judged just by saying that it's not stable or anything like that, it's how you develop a framework and how you do it. That's how. From my experience, we have a good number of developers. On my team's, we have around five to six members who are working on this process. We have created a framework in such a way that we don't miss anything. For the past one to one and a half years, we haven't had any post-production issues. The amount of human errors that have occurred have been reduced to around 15 to 20 per person.

It's a scalable product and process. We've been using it for a long time. There are few products in the market, out of which we chose Automation Anywhere because it suits our company very well. We have a scope of expanding the process and bring new teams in to be involved in this as well.

We have 24/7 support. We usually talk to the representative and get a lot of information. We share our knowledge.

One of the most important things, which I found interesting at this conference, is even high-level executive people come to us and they ask for feedback, e.g., the drawbacks faced while using this product? They're getting in all the knowledge and feedback, then they're implementing it. The most important thing is they're implementing what, as a developer, we wanted include to make our lives easier and for the business to be satisfied.

The initial setup was straightforward. The new version of A2019, which they have introduced, is much easier than what we are doing now. It's all cloud-based and very easy to install. The whole experience is better.

I have experience working with UiPath as well. The one thing is the customer involvement and experience is much better with Automation Anywhere. The feedback which we give and the response time from the Automation team is much quicker. We had some negative feedback and some suggestions to Automation Anywhere team, which they took into consideration. It's like a people's software, where they listen to developers and improve on it. That's the reason why my organization and I are using Automation Anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

I'll say that it is perfect; 10 out of 10. Because we had some drawbacks in Automation Anywhere, which they fixed and developed, taking into consideration the feedback from a huge community of developers. To consider every piece of feedback and work on that, it's a really tedious task. They worked on that and proved that they can do it again.

Customer Experience