Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

A huge time saver that reduces work to a fraction of the time

What is our primary use case?

In our company, we are following a different structure in this case: How we are going to develop the tool and what are the key nodes that we need to concentrate on. Though, we always concentrate on this type of information. Lastly, we are talking about the accuracy of the output. These are the scenarios that we are coding all the time.

What is most valuable?

There are a lot of features that are valuable from Automation Anywhere. If I want to automate something in a browser or some other applications today, then it is done in Windows or the web. I don’t want to bother with anything else. I can do whatever I want. This is what the most valuable feature in my point of view.

Automation Anywhere is a valuable tool. As a developer, I can do whatever I want. If I want to do automation with the web, Windows, etc., e.g., mainframe or SAP applications, we can do whatever we want with automations using Automation Anywhere. If I’m going to automate a web-based application, I can use object cloning. There are multiple options available to do the automation. Each and every point’s valuable for me.

What needs improvement?

We face some issues, but we can’t prove them again. They occurred sometimes, but don’t occur again. For example, I record a video when a bot is running, and it is working fine. Another time it is not working. We face issues with Excel file creation. I’m trying to create a file in Excel .xls. It is getting corrupted. In these type of scenarios, I am not able to prove the issue from my end. I give suggestions as a developer, and these are in the notes, and I have already raised a ticket. I got information from the support team as well.

For the past four years, I have worked with RPA. I am fully experienced with Automation Anywhere, along with some other technologies as well.

Comparatively, in previous versions, we had some issues. So, they are trying to improve the tool to be much better than the previous versions. This is an improvement that we need to achieve. Finally, we need to find accuracy and output. These should be the best and working on target.

From our technical support, we receive a lot of suggestions. If you do it in this way, it will make your output easier and much better. So, the suggestions are very important when we are developing tools and bots. From Automation Anywhere technical support, we got a lot of information like this. If we have any doubts or need any clarification, they are ready to support us all the time (within a particular time) until we get a response. That is the main point that I want to highlight here.

We are facing some issues when installing the software because of the antivirus. It won’t allow us to install it. We need to disable some features during the installation of it. Sometimes if the bot is running, we need to disable it. This feature needs to be made available, but made better than this.

The tool is a huge time saver. If I want to do something manually, it will take half an hour, but the bot can do the task within minute or seconds. In a day, month, or year, this will be a huge amount of time for me. A reduction to a fraction of seconds will be a big impact.

What other advice do I have?

I can give it an eight (out of 10). More implementations should to be added to the tool. This is a suggestion from my end to make it more powerful from the previous versions.