Automic Continuous Delivery Automation Review

Good interface, excellent event monitoring, and capability to scale

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for job run file transfers.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to integrate all used platforms including IBM Mainframe for file transfers.

What is most valuable?

The agents are one of the solution's most valuable features. I like agents for file transfers so you can transfer the files from agent to agent on the different platforms.

The event monitor is very good. You can monitor when the file is created so you can pick up the file once it's done.

The interface is good.

What needs improvement?

The cut/paste translation can be improved. I've found that sometimes it's difficult to copy exactly between different platforms. Sometimes it takes some manual changes.

The solution's implementation processes could be simplified.

File transfer is not very efficient. It takes a bit longer than some other methods and when you send the file from one platform to another, especially from the mainframe, the results consumption is quite high compared to other methods.

There needs to be better error handling and error descriptions. It should be more clear what the errors are and what we can do to fix them.

Limitations in character conversions - sometimes special characters are translated differently comparing to regular FTP transfer, even if the same code page definitions are used. It would be useful to prepare manual and instruction on possible conversion problem solvings and extended settings.

I've been using the solution for three years.

From what I have experienced, the solution's stability is good.

Running the solution on the cluster goes well even if it is a big cluster. From that point of view, I'd say the scalability is okay.

It seems to use more CPU on IBM Mainframe for file transfer than FTP embedded in IBM z/OS solution. That needs to be improved.

We had calls for technical discussions and problems resolutions. The response and involvement is correct. Once the recommendations were not accurate.

The initial setup is complex. Deployment varies from platform to platform, but the longest it took was up to two weeks especially when you are not sure what settings you should implement on the mainframe.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

There are no extra costs above the standard licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher if the installation was easier and if their file transfers were faster.

More Automic Continuous Delivery Automation reviews from users
...who compared it with Ansible
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Red Hat, IBM and others in Release Automation. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.