Automic Workload Automation Review

Night processing helps to have data just-in-time for the morning

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to automate jobs which run at night on SAP, Unix jobs, and Windows. It has performed well.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the way my organization functions, in terms of efficiency, time, and costs.

The night processing helps to have data just-in-time for the morning. It is also very important to have the possibility to create incidents or emails if there is a problem, so operations can investigate and do something.

At the moment, we are only using the workload automation and the job scheduling. I think there are more possibilities to automate and connect them to the whole business process.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is it always runs things automatically that you normally have to do manually, like download files. We also use the FTP agent, where you have to download and upload files at a specific date.

What needs improvement?

The only thing that we would like improved is the FTP agent. It only supports SOCKS proxy, and we would like it to also support an HTTP proxy.

We would like the feature to implement the privileged access management. However, we have heard that it is already supported.

It is very stable.

Technical support is very good.

We had a previous solution. It was Control-M. We switched because there were some issues around the costs. Automic's costs were lower.

We had some consultants when we started with it. They gave us an introduction and training. We also have training every year at CA Automic in Nürnberg.

We did not evaluate anyone else for job scheduling.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Support
  • It is a fast solution.
  • The product minimizes downtime.
  • Good reputation.