Automic Workload Automation Review

It supports a lot of computer platforms and operating systems due to its flexibility

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we build self-service for our customers. This means they come to us and ask for special solutions, then we build a generic self-service which can be used for this customer. This solution is like the action pack from the Atomic marketplace.

How has it helped my organization?

Currently, we can implement business flows versus workflows where the customer does not have the manpower to implement it. We use it with automation, getting more speed to solve business processes. It is also possible to eliminate median breaks.

What is most valuable?

Most valuable is the script language that we use. There is also the opportunity to use the database information inside of the automation engine and current existing objects that you can stack against it.

I use this automation solution, because it is very flexible. This automation solution supports a lot of computer platforms. Also, a lot of operating systems are supported other than automation solutions.

The one big advantage is the Bose-Bose implementation methods. One is with the graphical use interface, where you can use small items, and it is possible to implement via programming language, but mostly this is not the case.

Mostly from my point of view, I need to isolate what is the use case of the customer, and what needs to be done. This is not technical.

What needs improvement?

I need better stability.

I have worked a long time with this product. Formally, it was previously known as UC4. In the past, it was more stable than now.

As we have seen, the latest version that we checked out at our customers was Version 12. This version needs to be more stable.

The first version and service pack, we could not use at our customers because it had special bugs and issues, and we decide to wait.

From my point of view, the current product needs more stability.

The scalability works fine. My impression is on the implementation at the customer. If the hardware and the base implementation were implemented carefully, it scales fine because you need to take care of the database on a lower level. On the network infrastructure, if you start a lot of server nodes, then it works fine.

If I work with a customer (as a consultant), they do not want a straightforward setup. Therefore, I have not seen an out-of-the-box setup, because I have not seen a normal implementation.

We spare costs because we can realize possibilities which are not implemented in case of missing manpower. It is also possible to eliminate manpower costs in other cases, like service level support, which may no longer be necessary because of this machine. We do not need a call center because we can use machines. We can raise cases, then we do not need to pinpoint exact causes nor assign the exact responsible business unit because the machine can decide itself.

Our customers also evaluated Redwood Software. However, they do not have the same flexibility as CA.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Automic.

Most important criteria for our customers when selecting a vendor:

• Flexibility
  • A supportive platform
  • The licensing costs.