Automic Workload Automation Review

It saves us from making a lot of mistakes. It is now easier to align complex things.

What is our primary use case?

We use it to automate infrastructure and business. We do quite a lot of different stuff: sometimes orchestration, sometimes more automation.

How has it helped my organization?

It saves a lot of time and mistakes, because we used to do a lot of manual work. Since we added automation a little bit over a year now, it has enhanced our daily work, especially for the very repetitive tasks that we did.

What is most valuable?

We can use anything on the server, like PowerShell and flash. We can use whatever language that will make things easier.

What needs improvement?

Depending on the properties of the jobs and pre- and post-conditions, there needs to be more flexible and richer conditions that I can check for. This would be a great addition.

More than five years.

It is stable 99% of the time.

Our issues have been mostly because of the Tomcat interface. The other interface, the fat client, has been stable until now, and looks good.

It is very scalable.

Technical support is very good.

If the environment is straightforward, then the initial setup will be straightforward.

It saves us from making a lot of mistakes. It is now easier to align complex things.

Automic is gaining much more ground than other products. The other one is the BMC, but it is not as good.