Automic Workload Automation Review

CA needs to refine the system basics instead of adding more features. Our company uses it to connect different systems.

What is our primary use case?

We do many basic things with it for the SAP system on Windows. We also use it with many with other communication systems. For example, we sell it as an iPhone 5.

As a system, you can examine many pictures from the company. I must catalog these pictures with the names and architects, therefore we have many file transfers. For example, we take information from the SAP system and send it to Azure from the automation engine.

How has it helped my organization?

Our company uses it to connect different systems. That is a big feature of the system and platform.

We are a small company. The system runs fine. We have no performance problems.

What needs improvement?

There are too many functions and features in the system. The basic must run first. Refine the basics instead of adding more features.

More than five years.

Now, we have version 12 running. We do not like having the newer functions, because it affects the stability. The stability must be better, and the system must work with better functionality, as we have many bugs in this version. This is not good. CA must have higher quality.

The company can expand with this product. Every time I bring in new ideas for solutions, it is with this product.

Our systems must always run. I have ideas to stabilize the system a little bit, so I contacted technical support. They have for other ideas on how to fix issues. For example, if the agent goes down, we have no chance with a standard restart to fix it, and the agent is the service manager. No one in technical support understands this question, which is not good.

The initial setup is easy and straightforward. I did it over 20 years ago.

We used CDs to install it over 20 years ago.

My boss says, "It is a little expensive." For example, I must pay a lot money if I need to have a DB agent. This is too expensive for us as a small company, so I use SQL *Plus. This costs us nothing.

We cannot use all the functions because they are too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I must have a tool which works. I have a new version, but I have problems. That is not good.

However, if we have no problems with the quality, we will probably use the product a long time. I like this product. I know what it can do.