Automic Workload Automation Review

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is the SAP area, but we do provide Workload Automation services for other applications as well.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution is integrated across all applications and platforms in our company. We can provide everything from the very first data source to the data target in one immense code.  With the automation, we are able to provide background services. It is very economical and not possible to do manually.

It is part of our IT service. Without this solution, we are not competitive.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the combination of normal job management with file transfer and scripting, so we have everything onboard.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the following in future releases:

• Workload Automation in a cloud
  • Solutions for the smaller applications.

It runs stably. However, after a version upgrade, the stability should be better.

There are too many bugs to be solved after a version upgrade. We are working on the limits of an architecture with 16,000 platforms. It is impossible to test everything out in the software lab of CA. I wish it would be improved.

The scalability in the SAP area is very good. We are able to provide hundreds of different services and system incidences.

I see a huge possibility in cloud solutions. We are looking to offer future services out of the cloud.

We have had good experiences using their technical support.

What other advice do I have?

I have offered other companies to come view the solution at our company and see how it works. Most companies have been happy to do.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

1. Functionality
  2. Solution needs to be economic.