Automic Workload Automation Review

Reduces operational costs and increases quality

What is our primary use case?

Our customers use it to control executions of jobs on different platforms, systems, applications, and technologies. There is a huge variety.

How has it helped my organization?

• It reduces operational costs and increases quality.
  • The problem handling is much easier than doing it manually.
  • It improves the visibility of what is going on on the system. If I have a problem, it is easy to identify, understand dependencies, and identifying the root causes than just running through scripts and searching through applications or servers.

What is most valuable?

• Reliability
  • Transparency
  • Its processes are repeatable.
  • Easy to manage.

These are the most important features.

What needs improvement?

The versioning and support for the lifecycle of Automic's developed solution is what we were missing. However, this is coming in version 12.2, so I am looking forward to seeing how it works.

If you implemented with Service Pack 4 or 5, then its fine. The first version tends to be rather unstable.

The product has huge potential. I never sold its huge potential for scalability.

If the issue is a repeatable issue known to the support team, then you can expect a prompt answer. The problem with the support is if the issue is new, then it is challenging for them.

The application is straightforward to setup. What is sometimes challenging is making the application fit into the customers' environment. They may have some restrictions and restraints that we need to consider and also need to understand how to prepare. Therefore, it is rather an organizational challenge rather than a technical one.

Our customers' environments are not manageable without Automic. Their environments are so big and complex without automating them, they would not be able to run their businesses at all.

Our customers also evaluated Tivoli and BMC.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely go for Automic.

Most important criteria when our customers are selecting a vendor: One of the outside most important features versus competitors, we are able to orchestrate control.