Automic Workload Automation Review

We have seen big improvements in automation and automated tasks

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for job scheduling and business automation.

How has it helped my organization?

It is the automation. Saving time and money is the key. We automate everything.

We are able to use notifications for escalation, so if there is a problem, we can find out about it quickly.

What is most valuable?

The workflow allows us to integrate multiple applications into one flow and come up with a business result.

What needs improvement?

The one big issue that we have is around passwords and not being able to update passwords through a different tool. This is not available yet. It is packed in there with 12.2 and the login objects, but not with the connection object, which is a big thing for us to allow us same password updates without having to manually update them.

Three to five years.

We have had no big production issues in the five years that we have had this product. So, it is really stable.

It is scalable. Though, it costs to scale. While, it is scalable, the add-ons are expensive.

Technical support has been good. Though sometimes it varies from time to time, where it transitions from good to bad. We have not had to use them so much recently, because we almost know enough about the product at this stage to support it ourselves. For the critical issues they are very good, but for the the lower priority stuff over the phone it is a bit difficult to engage them sometimes.

We were replacing AutoSys. We saw Automic as a better version of it, which it definitely has been. We replaced that an existing solution because it was no longer fit for its purpose.

It was straightforward. We made it difficult on ourselves at the time. We have recently changed and made it simpler. As regards to a mixed environment, it was fine.

We have seen big improvements in automation and automated tasks allowing our people to work on more important things for the company, as well as getting financial data quicker. It also provides us time savings from a company point of view.

There were a couple other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend the product.