Automic Workload Automation Review

It can be used to script different objects and design workflows for process automation

What is our primary use case?

We use it for the following:

• Automation
  • Server positioning
  • File transfer solutions
  • Daily business processes
  • Different processes.

What is most valuable?

• All the possibilities, like scripting different objects.
  • All the components that can be used to design workflows; process automation.

What needs improvement?

There are some problems when using the new interface, which is normal, as it is a new technology. In the future, it will be much better. Hopefully, Automic is working hard on the issue.

We would like to see critical path analyzers. I am not sure if it is coming. If it does, out-of-the-box would be nice. We would also like improved SLR monitoring. There are SLR objects, but I can't define an SLR object plus one, or end days. I can only do it for one day. As we are time shifting to another day, it is not possible. This should be improved.

More than five years.

The performance is nice. The stability is very good. We do not have any problems concerning the stability. We have never had any major problems. We have had minor problems, but it has not crashed hard. It runs our business safely.

We have one server, and it has enough hardware with no problems at all.

In the last two years, the reaction times were not so good. However, in the last four to six months, my experience has with them has been a lot faster. People are called back five minutes after I establish a ticket or incident. They are often doing WebEx and web sessions to get to the point, not making us write 50 pages, then not providing a solution.

It was 13 years ago, we previously used Control-M and switched to UC4. This was a management decision.

I did it 13 years ago at different companies. In the past, we did not use the wizard. We set up the components standalone, then combined them in configuration. It was easy and well documented.

Presently, there is a problem with the translation. It is some type of hybrid. We have some parts in German and some in English. It should be completely in German and completely in English. It should be better in the future.

We receive time efficiency from this product. For example, some users use to manually transfer many files from A to B, and we have automated this task. We used to have complex solutions just to gain information from files, read files, put in a customer filter, or share something. In the past, many people had to look into the files manually.

No competitor has this mass possibilities to design processors for automation solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Test it for a long time. You have to look if it fits into the mindset of your company.

Main criteria when selecting a vendor:

We look to other companies about the following:

• What do they use?
  • How is their experience?
  • Does the support work?
  • How quick is the support?
  • How good is the documentation?
  • How good is the vendor concerning new technologies and time to market new solutions in the software?