Automic Workload Automation Review

We have everything in one system. There are a lot of features which help us get a stable application.

What is our primary use case?

Right now, we are working with version 10 of the product, it is very good. We are very happy with it. However, we have to upgrade to a different version and there are a lot of things that are different, and we are not completely convinced how it will work.

Our normal functions, what we had in version 10, are lost or not there. So, we will have to see how it will work in the future. As a company and as a product, though, we are ready to upgrade.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a batch application. We have a daily batch that we have to start. This application controls the batching. So, this application is essential to our company.

We have a lot of places in Germany. For example, if there was someone in Munich who wants to send data to someone in Hamburg, it is very easy to do a production application safely and quickly, because we have everything in one system. We just do a file transfer.

What is most valuable?

It depends for me as an administrator. There are a lot of features which help us get a stable application. It is easy to have a stable production line, because this app supports us very well.

What needs improvement?

I hope in the next release that they will solve all the bugs which they have found in development.

I hope going forward they will make some changes to the documentation. I hope they will write into the documentation what has changed and what the new names are. For example, some features have a new name. I hope they will make a translation the names in the old version to the names in the newer version. This would be a very important thing.

Version 10 is very stable. We have no problems with the product.

Some problems could happen in the future because the current version does not seem to be stable. There are a lot of things which could bring danger into the stability of our work process, because things have been changed, and it is not possible to work the product in the same way. We have to accept the changes, and we are not sure if our employees will be able to accept the changes in such a short time frame and perform them the way they should.

There are so many possibilities to be used from this product, and every company is using it in their own very special way. Though, I don't think every company is using it 100 percent for all of its possibilities. There are a lot of areas that you can go with it.

When I came to the company, they were already using Automic. They had been using it for a long time.

The complexity of the initial setup depends on the person who is performing it. It was okay for me, but I have some colleagues who have had some problems with it.

We have increased efficiency with this application.

What other advice do I have?

I prefer this product.