Automic Workload Automation Review

Saves time and reduces human errors, but the technical support can be quicker

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and solution provider, and this is one of the products that we provide for our customers.

This is a conversion product, and we use this solution to assist customers who are converting from another product. Our primary focus is one-for-one migration, bringing it up to the next level and getting it ready for the next phase.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution saves our organization time, in terms of management. It is also more systematic and gives us more control. It is easy to learn.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the scheduler.

The workflow is object-oriented.

The source code is centralized, rather than being deployed to the individual servers.

What needs improvement?

There are always ways that technical support can be improved.

I would like to see more types of Calendars in the next release of this solution.

I have been using this solution for less than one year.

In terms of stability, so far so good. We have not encountered any bugs in this solution.

Our proposal matches the average, so we have not needed the solution to grow.

The plan is to increase usage once this solution is stabilized. We are hoping that this is in the near future.

I have worked with technical support, and we are pretty happy with them. The response time is long, but they have been ok so far.

Prior to this, we used other products from the CA Automation family, but with different branding. We used the AutoSys d-Series Edition.

With respect to migration or conversion projects, the compilation is done with a conversion factory. This is done on-site, and after that, there is testing and production. The deployment time for a project is between three and six months.

Many of the things are handled by the CA Compilation team. We are on-site, assisting the technical team. We migrate across from the remote site to the client site.

There is a lot of coordination that has to be done with the customer. The environment, including the data, has to be ready.

Two or three people are required, on-site, for the deployment. One of them is an architect and two of them are engineers.

Once this solution is deployed, the customer takes over the operation, including the maintenance.

When our customers have a lot of manual processes, the automation will reduce the number of human errors that occur. This will reduce the cost.

What other advice do I have?

I began using this product just after it was acquired by CA. We have four to five people who have been trained on CA Workload Automation across all of the developing nations.

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to carefully look at the environment. Some manual processes can be converted, but some are best left done using human manual input. If this is the case then you have to convert these into a scripted document image.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.