Avaya IX Meetings Review

Contains useful functionality features, but quality was affected by increase in users

What is our primary use case?

We're a partner of Avaya and I'm the director of digital transformation

What is most valuable?

In terms of functionality, it has some interesting features that I haven't seen in other solutions like content rewind where you can see content from the beginning of the meeting even though you weren't there when it commenced. That's a nice feature as well as the integration with PowerPoint. Unfortunately, the video conferencing, both audio and video were not as good as Webex or Microsoft.

What needs improvement?

The video conferencing should really be improved.

For additional features, I'd like to see more integration with third party websites or third party platforms. It's interesting to have people from teams, say Microsoft or Cisco Webex, being integrated into conferences. Avaya doesn't do that. I think it's a challenge for many providers to keep up technology standards without having to constantly add to applications installed on your PC. If you need to have Zoom, Cisco Webex, Avaya, Microsoft, it becomes a mess on your computer. It would be great if all solutions were integrated and they could communicate with each other.

I've been using this solution for a few weeks.

Stability of the solution depends on the number of participants. We have several companies, the one that uses Avaya has about 50 users spread over the company.

In terms of scalability, I noticed when we had our test meeting that as the number of participants increased, the quality of sound and video decreased. We went from six people to 18 in the test meeting and once we got to about 12 or 13 people, the quality dropped.

Initial setup is straightforward, it takes a few minutes.

What other advice do I have?

My personal choice for this kind of product would be Cisco Webex, even though in terms of functionality Avaya has some interesting collaboration features. The initial integration with PowerPoint and the ability to review presentations from the beginning even if you weren't there, are good features. That said, it lacks in features like integration.

I would rate this product a seven out of 10.