AWS Backup Review

Can restore a file within an hour

What is our primary use case?

We use it for server backup, which is done weekly.

I'm also using AWS for QuickSight. It's been about four months since I'm using it for some statistical analysis. I'm still on that project, which is also AWS.

What is most valuable?

When I was using an on-premises backup, there was an external hard drive or something like that. I had a backup server, but I had a few problems related to transfer when I had to restore something that I have deleted. I had to wait for after-office hours to do something like that, but now I just have to send a mail. Within one hour, I have my restored file.

What needs improvement?

Only the price could be improved.

I have been using this solution for about two years.

We do not do anything in terms of contacting AWS support. A company we use for support does that for us.

We use a company for support. It is an IT company in Mauritius, and they normally do everything for us. They do the deployment and everything. We just have to use their support.

We don't use a lot of space, only approximately 900 GB, so the price is reasonable. For standing, it's okay. We normally do a payment to SSML, and they are the ones who pay over there. It is around $100 monthly.

I think we compared AWS and Azure, but we decided to take AWS because it is ranked as the number one for backup support. It was also about the cost etc. Normally, the directors make the final decision, and they were the ones who finalized about using AWS. The same applies to QuickSight. The director, who finalized it, is also the CEO of another company, and over there, he was using QuickSight, and he wanted to implement it here in our company.

What other advice do I have?

For me, it's great. I would rate AWS Backup a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud