AWS Backup Review

Has good replication in the recovery region

What is our primary use case?

We bought it as a service and deployed it. We use it to define each of our instances that we back up like the backup policy and the retention policy.

What is most valuable?

The replication in the recovery region is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

This backup tool does the full backup of the entire snapshot server. I would like to have the option to not do the full server backup.

We have been using AWS Backup for three years.

The stability is good.

Scalability is good. We have around five to six users.

Technical support responds quickly.

We used a different backup solution from AWS. It was a more user-friendly version. AWS Backup was developed from a command-line application tool. The other solution was a more user-friendly version but it did the same thing.

The initial setup was simple. It took one to two days.

The licensing is not straightforward. You have to pay extra.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone considering this solution is to use it for its disaster recovery capabilities.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. In the next release, I would like that when a backup fails, for it to try again automatically, which is doesn't do now. I would also like to have the ability to do a partial backup of the server.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)