AWS Cost Management Review

Good stability and scalability but needs better cost management

What is most valuable?

I think everything about the solution is fine. Overall, it's a good product.

The stability and scalability are good.

What needs improvement?

The cost management portion of the solution should be improved.

I'm not able to get the savings online and have already budgeted my current account. I need to see every single cost in a dynamic way. The main problem with the CUR is it's not able to provide me that many detailed tasks that I can provide it to my management when I am expanding the amount. That is my major problem.

The solution needs to have its own dashboard for seeing details on it. It should be customizable as well so I have the ability to pull up the information I need to see and have it in one place for my reference. I should just be able to click and see everything I need in one step.

It would be helpful if they categorized the data. The amount of data isn't small, so it would help if I could organize it to help me find the information I need.

With parenting accounts, the solution should offer the capability to enter RI.

I've been working with the solution for about four years.

The stability of the solution is nice.

The solution is very scalable. We have no problems handling that aspect of the solution.

There are about 100 people using the solution within our organization.

We've had experience reaching out to technical support. They're quite fine. We haven't had any issues with them. We're happy with the level of service they provide.

We didn't previously use any similar products. AWS Cost Management is the first solution of its kind that we are using.

The initial setup is quite easy. It's not complex at all. Deployment is very fast. It only takes about five minutes.

I had to set up multi-accounts, however, both a parent account and then child accounts. That kind of thing was tough, to work through that part of the setup.

What other advice do I have?

Users should go for this solution if they don't need to have multi-account architecture. That's basically the only advice I have.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Flexera, Nutanix and others in Cloud Cost Management. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.