AWS Database Migration Service Review

Good DNS services and has good scalability

What is our primary use case?

We use this program to migrate from SQL to RDS, or from Oracle to RDS, or from Oracle to Aurora and so on.

What is most valuable?

I find the DNS services to be the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The pricing can be better and it should be more competitive, so I would like to see an improvement there.

I have been using AWS Database Migration Service for more than ten years now.

The program is very stable.

I was very impressed by the scalability of AWS Database Migration Service. One of our clients has more than 15,000 users.

We don't really use their technical support but I believe the technical team will be able to help with any issues that may arise.

The initial setup was really easy and it took us about an hour to set everything up. We have our own team of about 45 people that was responsible for the implementation. The maintenance of the program is mostly automatic.

It is a very expensive program and you pay a license fee based on the amount of users you have. And besides the license fees, there are additional costs for migration.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good program and I will give it an eight out of ten rating. I would like to see more migration options in the next release.

More AWS Database Migration Service reviews from users