AWS Lambda Review
Good user experience through the console but needs additional integrations, better interface

What is our primary use case?

I back up my MongoDB, that database has user data. The performance of AWS Lambda has been fine.

How has it helped my organization?

It has made things a lot easier in terms of restoring if we need to and just not having to worry about the small things.

What is most valuable?

The console is very good, the user experience works very well.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see some better integration with other providers, like Cohesity, Druva, and others. I also think the Lambda interface could be better.

I don't have a ton of transactions, so it's very stable from my perspective. But I can imagine that it would not necessarily be as great for an enterprise product.

The scalability is hard for me to see from where I sit because I have a very small company, but I can imagine that it's going to be an issue.

Tech support is very minimalist. It's more do-it-yourself, which works for me, but I don't think it will work forever.

The setup was pretty complex because there were many steps. For me, it was complex because I was somewhat new at it. It could be easier for someone who has done it a bunch of times. I just found that it was a very dense user experience. There's a lot going on during setup.

The vendors on the shortlist now would be Cohesity, Commvault, Druva. But in the past, I went with this because we were using an AWS cluster anyway. It was easy-ish.

What other advice do I have?

My most important criteria when selecting a vendor are

• user experience
  • support.

I would rate AWS Lambda at a six out of 10 because it's not quite clear that it scales, but it does have a good, easy path from when you're using a cluster.