AWS Secrets Manager Review

Good API, quick to deploy, and it effectively stores and secures user-supplied data

What is our primary use case?

Using this product, we allow our users to store certain secrets. It will store them and allow users to access them when they want.

How has it helped my organization?

At this point, our needs are pretty limited and we don't use the product very heavily. It has been okay for our very specific purpose.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to store key-value pairs.

The API is fine and works well.

What needs improvement?

We occasionally have problems with rate limits, although that is a problem more generally with AWS.

We have been using AWS Secrets Manager for the past few months.

Specific to AWS Secrets Manager, we do not have any issues with stability. However, sometimes we hit problems with things like rate limits.

As our platform is new and we are still growing, we haven't yet tested scalability. We have not had a heavy load on the system so it's difficult to comment on how well it scales.

We have multiple deployments in different accounts, where each one is a different instance. Each instance could contain between 30 and 50 users.

I expect that as more people start using our platform, our need for this product will increase. However, that's probably between six months and one year from now.

We have reached out to Amazon for support in the past, although not specifically for this product. In general, we are quite satisfied with their support.

The initial setup was okay and it doesn't take long.

Limited resources are required for deployment and maintenance.

We did not evaluate other options for this particular requirement because most of our work is one AWS, so it was a natural choice.

What other advice do I have?

We do not make much use of the interface. Rather, we use the programmatic interface.

In summary, this is a good product and well suits our needs. There are no missing options that are blocking our use case as of now.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Microsoft, HashiCorp and others in Enterprise Password Managers. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.