AWS Storage Gateway Review

Better than the traditional way of having a physical server

What is our primary use case?

We use it to store data for all of our systems for our finance operations.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it requires less utilization of space, compared to storing directly to the database of the system. It offers a unique way of doing things.

We don't have any issues with stability.

It is scalable.

We have our own internal team that handles the support.

It's not that easy but not that complex as well. Another team handled the deployment, I'm not sure how long it took them to complete the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

From my perspective, it's better than the traditional way of having a physical server. It is much better than our previous solution.

I know there are a lot of similar products like this but as it's in the cloud, I can say that it's much better for any company to have their system or their databases housed in cloud. Big and small companies big have to start migrating their systems.

Especially during lockdown, it is much easier for us to work from the cloud, if the employees don't have access to an on-site system or the office. It makes it a lot easier to work from home. It's better if your software is in the cloud.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Not a ten because I cannot say that it's perfect.

Find out what your peers are saying about AWS Storage Gateway vs. NetApp Cloud Backup and other solutions. Updated: January 2021.
464,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.