AWS WAF Review

It is a scalable, stable solution but needs simpler setup and pricing schemes.

What is our primary use case?

My whole business is cloud cost management. What I do is help people manage expenses. That encompasses everything from cleaning up software as a service subscriptions to optimizing AWS. My use cases for AWS WAF have to do with cloud research only.

What is most valuable?

The best part about it is that it is a cloud solution.

What needs improvement?

The complexity of deploying turnkey solutions could be simplified.

They actually have too many different things that you can tinker with and too many different ways to do the same thing. It may be helpful if the product were to be more directed and if it used best practices with technical and non-technical users in mind.

We have been using WAF (Web Application Firewall) for six months.

WAF is very stable.

I believe WAF is very scalable.

We have only two staff in our organization who are using AWS WAF.

Technical support is more-or-less fair. That is where most technical support falls these days.

The initial setup is really sorta complex. That is something which could probably be made easier.

The licensing costs are variable. For me, it is under a hundred dollars a month.

The range of your costs with Amazon Web Services is going to be different depending on a lot of factors. It can go as low as actually being free all the way up to millions of dollars. It depends on the organization and how the service is used.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as a seven-out-of-ten. A change in the pricing structure that favors the client and simplification is something they would have to do to improve to make that score closer to a ten.

EC2
More AWS WAF reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about AWS WAF. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.