AWS WAF Review

Blocks threats to our external applications and has caught everything so far

What is our primary use case?

It is our web application firewall.

How has it helped my organization?

We do have a lot of external applications which are exposed to the internet and WAF provides protection for them. We haven't seen a decrease in the mean time to respond to threats because it has caught everything.

The solution has also increased staff productivity by as much as 50 percent.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the way it blocks threats to external applications.

What needs improvement?

In a future release I would like to see automation. There's no interaction between the applications and that makes it tedious. We have to do the preparation all over again for each of our other applications.

We haven't had any problems with the stability at all.

Up to now, the scalability has been good.

I haven't had to use technical support yet.

Our previous solution was also a WAF but it was not a scalable environment like the cloud is. Everybody is moving to the cloud. We were stuck on an appliance in our data center and we decided to move. We went with this solution because of the stability and quick response.

The setup was a bit complex because our environment is a bit different. It was tough but it was good in the end.

We used a consultant for the deployment and it was a great experience with them.

There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is "go for it, use it."

In terms of our security program's maturity, we're just beginning so we are still like a baby. But we are trying to get all the new stuff and improve altogether.