AWS WAF Review

A straightforward setup with a quick deployment with good auto-management features

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of the solution is for perimeter security. I use it to secure my application and infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

Fast deployment and auto-manage are the most valuable aspects of the solution. The auto-manage primarily reacts and has to do all the little things like putting in the ACL, etc.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be faster in detecting threats.

They should work to define more threats, add more security, and make it more compliant with more security companies.

The solution could always be more automated.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is easily scalable.

I have a number for WAF, but I've never used technical support.

I previously used a different solution. The complex setup and installation were the main differences between that and WAF. I've worked with system compliance for many years, and it usually involves complex solutions. You have to know the CLF, etc. Cisco, for example, is so complex that you need to know many things. Whereas with WAF, you have to put up your host, your network, and you have the solution up and running.

The initial setup was very straightforward. Deployment took about ten minutes or less. You only need one person to handle deployment and maintenance.

I implemented the solution myself.

What other advice do I have?

We use the public cloud deployment model.

I use everything AWS. I need it to work for me, and it does. I hope that the solution continues to improve, but for me, it's perfect right now.

For those considering implementing the solution, I would advise that they understand how networks work because sometimes they can be quite complex. Many architects do not understand the basic concepts of networking.

I would recommend the solution. I would rate it nine out of ten.