AWS WAF Review

Scales according to our requirements, but the interface needs some additional functionality

What is our primary use case?

We are a technical services company and this is one of the solutions that we have helped implement for our clients. We stopped using AWS about six months ago and as such, we are not currently using the AWS Web Application Firewall.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the scalability because it automatically scales up or scales down as per our requirements.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to view a graphical deployment map in the user interface that will give me an overview of the configuration and help to determine whether I have missed any steps.

The stability is good. From our experience, I've felt very happy with all of the AWS components in terms of stability. They work fine and have met our requirements.

The scalability of this solution is very good.

I am really happy with the AWS customer support, although I have not needed to contact them for this solution.

We have changed solutions because the choice of product depends on the customer's preferences and requirements. When I am working on a contract, I am required to use whatever they ask me to. If I already have the experience then I apply it. Otherwise, I learn what I need to, which sometimes involves taking training courses.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is not to simply look it up on Google before starting to use it. I would suggest taking some training courses, start to understand how it works internally, and then begin using it.

Overall, it is a good product and it generally fits well for my purposes.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More AWS WAF reviews from users