Axway AMPLIFY API Management Review

Gives us quick engagement but is expensive

What is our primary use case?

We use it as a transport mechanism.

What is most valuable?

I don't believe the Salesforce has been fully utilized yet. It gives us quick engagement.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if they have an asset report. It's hard to get support for that.

I have been using Axway for two to three years.

We faced some complications with the environment during the setup. That's an issue we've experienced before. The support is in Malaysia so it's hard for us to get support or understanding. The biggest challenge is always the correct time zone.

Our partners offer us support.

Before Axway, we are using RPG, which is more on the Cloud and open-source engagement. Management decided to want to go for one price set. Axway is a good product according to Gartner which is why we started to adopt it.

The initial setup was complex. We deployed through our partners. They helped us to set it up properly.

I would classify it as being expensive.

What other advice do I have?

You should have an understanding of the capability of the API. MuleSoft has a very straightforward and good framework that allows the customer to follow through. They understand how we can create and maximize capability in many ways. With Axway, if you start to use and understand it, then you are able to enhance it. However, that needs time to develop. It also takes a lot of time to actually bring it up to the principal site.

I would rate Axway a seven out of ten. Not a ten because of the pricing and technical support.

More Axway AMPLIFY API Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Apigee
Learn what your peers think about Axway AMPLIFY API Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
465,623 professionals have used our research since 2012.