Axway AMPLIFY API Management Review

A flexible solution with a useful portal for documentation

What is our primary use case?

We use Axway AMPLIFY API Management for bank payments and bank transactions.

What is most valuable?

We like the portal for documentation a lot. We also like the gateway. It has a lot of flexibility in terms of trying to meet our specific needs.

What needs improvement?

The portal still has room for improvement. This is in terms of speeding up the overall process of creating new documentation and new information about the APIs.

They should also improve the way that we upgrade from one version to another. In our case, it's been very troublesome. Technical support, although it's very good, there is room for improvement.

Our company has worked with this solution for five years.

Axway AMPLIFY API Management is very stable. We haven't had any problems in terms of stability.

Scalability is very good.

Technical support is very good. They communicate and provide answers very fast, but I think there's room for improvement.

The initial setup of Axway AMPLIFY API Management isn't easy, but it's not extremely hard in any sense. It becomes complex when you have local customizations. When a customer requires some changes to the UI to get it according to their look and feel, it can get complicated. It takes about two months to implement this solution.

The company evaluated Apigee and CA API. I believe we chose Axway AMPLIFY API Management because of scalability and local support.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Axway AMPLIFY API Management for scalability and for how it's open for customizations. We can customize it to accomplish your specific needs, like the look and feel. But we still have some issues when we do a lot of customization and when migrating from one version to another.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Axway AMPLIFY API Management a nine.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
More Axway AMPLIFY API Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Apigee
Learn what your peers think about Axway AMPLIFY API Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
465,623 professionals have used our research since 2012.