Axway AMPLIFY API Management Review

Good security enforcement and throttling capabilities, but the policy-related functions need to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We have a service running on Xray Cloud and we have established an internal API gateway platform. It is used for customer-centric APIs.

How has it helped my organization?

This product allows us to abstract the customer interface from the internal APIs.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are security enforcement and throttling.

What needs improvement?

The API Mocking tools need to be improved. To start with an API-first approach would benefit this product.

We sometimes have issues with some of the functions because they do not work very well. Specifically, there are some policy-related functions that should be enhanced for better usability and maintenance.

The developer portal is restricted and it should be enhanced to handle direct API managers. This would be a plus because right now, the strategy is more focused on AMPLIFY, which is hosted in the cloud. However, we are not always interested in publishing our API on the cloud from the vendor. Rather, we want to have it in our own cloud. The only product that we can install on-premises is the API Portal, and it is restricted.

We began working with Axway AMPLIFY API Management one year ago.

Technical support is good. We get the support that is required.

I have worked with some open-source products, but that is another aspect.

The initial setup is not complex.

What other advice do I have?

We do not use point-to-point APIs.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

More Axway AMPLIFY API Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Apigee
Find out what your peers are saying about Axway, Google, Amazon and others in API Management. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.