Axway AMPLIFY API Management Review

Good API portal capabilities but their technical support is lacking

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for the solution is providing APIs to external parties through communication protocols.

How has it helped my organization?

It has not really improved our organization as there are better solutions currently that could be deployed.

What is most valuable?

For what we do, the API portal capability is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The product community is not good. We don't get a lot of support from them in resolving issues.

A feature that would be good to have is support for microservices and containerization.

The setup is actually pretty complex and could be improved so maybe in the next update they could do something to simplify setup, make Axway more stable, and get rid of existing technical issues.

We have been using Axway API Management Plus for just less than four years.

I do not think the product is as stable as some of the other products on the market. We do experience some technical problems now and again, so the stability could be better.

We have not really done much consideration for scalability. The support is limited for that, I think, and the product is still in the early phase of improving the scalability feature. We do not really have plans to scale up the use of the product for the current client using it. We have only one person maintaining it.

Regretfully, we are in constant touch with the technical support team, but we don't get the kind of support and answers that we really need. I would say that the technical support is average and could be improved.

We use several different solutions in working with different clients. With one client, we started out using Axway but with other clients I use different products depending on their needs and what they want to do.

The initial setup for the product was complex. The instructions are not easy to follow. When we were deploying some of the additional capabilities of the product or doing other integration, it's very difficult to set that up and resolve the issue in the installation process. Once the initial set up was done, then the additional deployments were actually very quick.

We did the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this product at around a five. Some of the features and capabilities are not as mature as other products on the market, some features are not as easy to use and may be better as the product matures. In my opinion, there are other solutions that are currently better than Axway.

As far as giving advice to those considering the product, I suggest doing some pilot projects to check as to whether or not Axway suits your requirements before choosing to deploy.

1 Comment
Iolanda_MarinVendor

Hello integarch67,

I’m Iolanda Marin, working in Customer Experience in Axway. I read your comments on Axway API Management and I’m sorry about your poor experience.

For Axway to understand your expectations and improve our solutions, I'd like to have a call with you. It's just for a better understanding of your experience, I won't try to change your opinion.
Please let me know your availabilities (I’m based in Paris, so sometime in the afternoon your time would be appreciated). You may write to cx@axway.com and let me know how to contact you (for example, an email where I can send you a webex link or your phone number if you agree).

Thank you in advance and I'm looking forward to discussing with you.

Best regards,