Axway AMPLIFY API Management Review

Provides excellent control over management of APIs and API exposure

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this product is to control how we expose APIs.

What is most valuable?

The features that are most valuable to us are the portal, authorization, and the extensive filters which allow us to make the policies which serve the user.

What needs improvement?

I think that the program's team management capabilities can be better as far as working in groups.

I really am interested in several of the new features already announced and being offered in the release of version 7.6.2. That is the main reason why we want to upgrade. Beyond those features, I don't know that anything needs to be added right now.

Two and half years at my current position and four years overall

This product is reliable and stable.

Ten years ago, the idea of scalability was different than it is now. Because of the possible uses of virtual machines and containers, scalability becomes a moot question. I don't think anything is not scalable anymore as long as you take the right direction in deployment.

We did have the opportunity to use technical support a little bit for some questions. Their work was okay. We were satisfied. They showed good care in response time and they didn't have problems figuring things out.

Before using Axway I used Apigee. There are a few main differences between Axway API Management Plus and Google's Apigee. Axway is a little easier to deploy and it has a lot more filters. So out of the box, it looks like there is more to it than Apigee. But I think the GUI of Apigee is a little bit nicer than the Axway GUI. It's a little easier to navigate and use.

The initial setup was really straightforward. By comparison, I used Apigee (Google) before and setting up the Axway product was really 10-times easier and more straightforward.

As far as total deployment time, the UAT (User Acceptance Testing) deployment was done in about three days. Production deployment with all the security testing took about a week total.

We did the implementation ourselves with in-house staff, so we did not need additional support.

What other advice do I have?

If I were a team going to deploy this solution now, I would probably deploy it using the newer containerized solutions for better flexibility.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as a ten. It does everything that we expect it to do and is developing features to match innovation in technology.