Axway AMPLIFY API Management Review

Good API response time, but the scalability needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to offer API for our on-premises environment applications, as well as API from a cloud perspective. We have a hybrid-cloud deployment model.

This is a SaaS platform and it is running permanently.

How has it helped my organization?

Centralized API Platform allow us better reusability and monitoring

What is most valuable?

The administration tool for this solution is good.

The API has a good response time.

What needs improvement?

This solution does have some limitations regarding the deployment model. This has nothing to do with the features. Rather, we are deployed in a single region, and not everywhere. Our biggest concern is to have a solution that can be used all over the world, in all regions.

The scalability of this solution could be improved.

I have been using this solution for about two years.

This solution is stable.

This solution is not as scalable as the AWS API gateway.

We have dealt with technical support for this solution, and we are satisfied with their service.

No previous solutions for API Management.

From my point of view, the deployment was not easy. However, we are subscribing to a SAAS offering from Axway, and normally, they just provide us what is needed. The setup, really, is their problem, and we did not spend too much energy on our side.

The deployment is completed in a number of hours (infra as a code)

Implementation by vendor team, skilled people

The platform is more expensive than a full cloud solution like AWS API GW.

Setup cost depends on deployment target : on premise / shared cloud tenant / dedicated cloud tenant.

I have also used the AWS API gateway, and it is more scalable than this solution.

One of these tools is not easier to use than the other, both of them have good admin tools, and both have a good API response time.

The main difference with Axway is that it is intended to be deployed on-premises, as well as on the cloud. It is not a full cloud architecture, so it may not be as agile as a pure cloud provider.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product, but we need to work outside of our single region.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.