Axway Composer Review
Creates custom reports, sends email alerts, and records transfer information in a database. The event router design is flawed.

What is most valuable?

• Creates custom reports, based on transfer data from Axway SecureTransport
  • Sends email alerts if the files have not arrived on time.
  • Records all of the transfer information in a database, which can be reported for auditing.

How has it helped my organization?

We are now able to:

• Get alerts when the important finance data has not been sent by the service providers, so that they have time to react and remediate.
  • Send alerts on failed automated processes, such as the overnight finance data operations.
  • Get routine reports for auditing, in terms of the file transfer records.

What needs improvement?

• Configuring items require the writing of code in Axway’s own language. It would be helpful if they could use some more well-known languages and provide some guidelines on how to use their own language.
  • The Event Router design is flawed. We have two SecureTransport (ST) servers sending data, independently to Sentinel servers on two different sites for continuity. Although they are independent, when one routing service breaks, it affects both sites. For example, if the Sentinel database was full on Site A, the routing service on both ST servers break and then it cannot send transfer data to the secondary site.
  • Reliability is a matter of concern. We have had to write scripts to determine if the services are in the correct state daily and then send email alerts. They could improve this process by building some functionality to do this for you.

I have used this product for three years now.

There were no scalability issues.

Our organization already purchased these products.

What other advice do I have?

Get official training before using this product.