Azul Zing Review

I like the Pause-less JVM garbage collection on JVMs with heaps in the hundreds of gigabytes.

Valuable Features

Pause-less JVM garbage collection on JVMs with heaps in the hundreds of gigabytes is the feature I find most valuable.

Improvements to My Organization

We use the Zing JVM to deliver Solr search capabilities to our clients. Without it, we would need a team of full-time engineers to continually shard and re-shard the indices so that small heaps are used to avoid pausing during garbage collection.

Room for Improvement

It is extremely expensive. It is the most expensive single product that our company consumes.

Use of Solution

I've used it for three years.

No issues encountered.

The Zing JVM, once installed properly and sized appropriately, is highly stable.

No issues encountered.

It's fantastic.

It's top notch.

All other solutions were open-source JVMs and none of them had the features of the Zing JVM.

It is moderately complex, but the deployment documentation is done very well which simplified initial setup greatly.

Implementation Team

It was done in-house.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

This is a product that is expensive, but for this product almost certainly we get what we pay for.

Other Solutions Considered

No other JVM on the market even comes close to competing with the Azul Zing.

Other Advice

Make sure you really need it, and if you do need it, it will save your life.