Azure Active Directory Review

Great access control aspect of authentication, has an easy single-sign-on and is quite stable

What is our primary use case?

We just use the solution for the authentication and the provision access control, among other tasks.

What is most valuable?

The access control aspect of the authentication is the solution's most valuable aspect.

The single sign-on is very convenient for us.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal if the solution moved to a passwordless type of environment. It's the future of authentification. It's also more secure and convenient.

I've been using the solution for about a year.

The solution is quite stable. I haven't heard any bad things about it. It doesn't crash or freeze. I can't say that I've seen bugs or glitches. It seems to be very reliable so far.

I believe the solution is scalable, although I have not tried to scale it myself personally.

We have many people on the system, including doctors, nurses, practitioners, assistants, etc. It might be around 100 people, give or take.

I've never dealt with technical support for any reason. I wouldn't be able to evaluate their services or discuss their level of responsiveness.

I didn't handle any aspect of the implementation, as I'm not technical in any way. I wouldn't be able to specify if it was complex or straightforward or how the deployment went.

I don't have any insights into the licensing costs. I'm not a part of the accounting or payment process.

What other advice do I have?

Our organizations has a few partnerships with Microsoft.

I don't know which version of the solution we're using. It's most likely the latest, due to the fact that it's a cloud deployment.

The only advice I have for other organizations considering the solution is this: just make sure that you have the right requirements. It's never a carbon copy. Every environment has different needs and requirements.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Azure Active Directory reviews from users
...who compared it with Okta Workforce Identity
Learn what your peers think about Azure Active Directory. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,534 professionals have used our research since 2012.