Azure Active Directory Review

Easier to manage identities for tasks

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for business intelligence and analytics.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has made it easier to manage memberships. Now, we use Azure as the primary source of managing identities for that task.

What is most valuable?

Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) stores the identities of our customers.

What needs improvement?

The synchronization process for on-premises and Sentinel Azure AD could be easier.

The support for identification to the application environment could be improved, e.g., Active Directory Federation Services should be implemented in other applications. They need something like software development kits (SDKs) for integration with our own applications, which is not so easy to implement. We would also like synchronization of identities between identities in applications like Azure.

We have only been testing the solution. We have only been using it for about six weeks or so.

The stability has been very good. From my point of view, this solution's stability is better than the stability in an on-premises environment, especially if you have a major incident on-premises.

You don't need to have a high amount of technical/IT knowledge to manage and maintain it.

The scalability is very good. We can manage it, and it meets our needs.

I cannot speak to technical support's level of responsiveness or knowledge, as we haven't contacted them. We simply use Google to find answers to our questions.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup was easy. The deployment took about a month.

The synchronization of data is not so easy to implement.

We will do the implementation with our own resources in-house. We didn't need any support.

For the Czech people, the solution is not cheap, as we are not a rich country. However, for most countries, the product pricing is acceptable.

We didn't evaluate other solutions before choosing this product. We use Microsoft for all our technologies, so it was logical for us to go with Azure AD. It was the primary reason for selecting Azure AD.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the solution at a nine out of 10. We have been fully satisfied with this technical solution.

I would recommend this solution to everyone, especially small companies. This solution offers me more than on-premises solutions because my assurance in Microsoft is higher than my assurance in my own on-premises environment.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
More Azure Active Directory reviews from users
...who compared it with Okta Workforce Identity
Learn what your peers think about Azure Active Directory. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.