Azure Backup Review

Disaster recovery that is easy to configure, learn, and use

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for restoration purposes, disaster recovery, and to back up our normal processes for example restoration.

If any virtual machines go down then we can just recover from the previous restore point.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease in which it backs up our data. I would say that the process is quite simple.

What needs improvement?

The compression rate is not as good as some competing products, so it needs improvement. We have read that the compression rate is 20%, whereas Commvault is 60% to 70%.

We have a concern with the backup when were are working with VMs that are running in Barracuda Firewall because it usually fails. This is a prominent issue. If I have 100 VMs then two or three of the backups fail.

I have been using Azure Backup for approximately five years.

This solution is stable.

We have not had much experience the scalability or integration with other solutions.

We have more than 10 clients and we have approximately 500 individual machines.

We haven't contacted technical support because we have not had any issues.

Previously, we did not use any other solution. We have been using this one from the beginning.

The initial setup was quite simple.

If I have to configure a backup for one virtual machine it only takes five minutes.

This solution doesn't require any maintenance. If we have a problem Microsoft handles it.

We completed the implementation and we have not used a vendor or integrator to assist us

I am not aware of the pricing, as it is handled by the accounts department.

Currently, we are evaluating Commvault. I have read that it is good. We will consider other solutions that may be available with better facilities.

What other advice do I have?

The setup is a very simple and easy process, it's easy to learn and use, and it is not very complicated to configure. Overall, it's a simple process.

More Azure Backup reviews from users