Azure BizTalk Services Review

Helped to receive and send messages from other organizations. The load carrying capacity should be improved.

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features are easy development and testing as well as the low license cost.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped to receive and send messages from other organizations. It improved application-to-application communication within the organization without much customization effort.

What needs improvement?

The performance (speed) and load carrying capacity should be improved.

I have used this solution for more than five years.

The system is consistently working at low speed but it is stable.

There were no scalability issues.

Technical support is good.

We didn’t use any other solution before.

The setup is moderately complex.

It has the best price for the functionalities that you can get.

We evaluated IBM's WebSphere Message Broker solution, but it was expensive and there was no human resource in our organization to implement that product.

What other advice do I have?

Stick to the business case, evaluate strengths of similar products and choose the one that matches your business scenario.

BizTalk suffered to take the load (lots of messages in and out) compared to IBM's WebSphere Message Broker. BizTalk was used as a B2B integration tool within an integration project, where seven or more organizations had to communicate with each other within the “Integrated Justice System” for criminal cases, from case registration to legal aid, case closure, punishments, community service, and so on.

The other organizations used Message Broker and NPA used BizTalk. Thus, compared to the transmission and load capacity, BizTalk stood second.