Azure Cost Management Review

It is stable, the technical support is good and the trend analysis and budgetary trigger are extremely functional

What is our primary use case?

We use Azure Cost Management to see how much we are spending as well as how much the client is spending. That is the only use case for Azure Cost Management.

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found most valuable, are the trend analysis and the budgetary trigger. It is very good and it gives good data. It does what it is supposed to do.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have more granularity of the different services that we have.

I have been working on Azure Cost Management for six years now.

Azure Cost Management works seamlessly. No bugs, glitches or regressions at all.

When it comes to scalability, you can only look at the costs that you are incurring for your Azure subscription. And there is no need to scale, if you ask me. It just gives you the cost rate.

I know this program very well, so we don't have to reach out to Microsoft. But when we do run into an issue that we cannot resolve, we reach out to them or email them or create a support ticket. They usually respond within a day, so we haven't faced any challenges with the technical support.

The initial setup is really straightforward and it works right out of the box. There is no complexity to it.

I think the solution was free initially. I don't know if they have changed that yet. Since we are partners of Microsoft, we have a different kind of agreement with them.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be that they should use it. They should try it out - it's a very good solution, and it gives a very detailed analysis as your subscription costs.

I would like the developers to add more features about migration, like how much it would cost to migrate from, let's say, AWS to Azure. That would be great.

On a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 is the worst and 10 is the best, I rate Azure Cost a good 9.

Microsoft Azure
More Azure Cost Management reviews from users
...who compared it with vRealize Business for Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Cloudability, CloudCheckr and others in Cloud Cost Management. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.