Azure Cost Management Review

Helps with forecasting and reducing costs, but it needs better customization features

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to help with setting up our yearly budget. We look at how much we are currently using on a monthly basis how and close we are to meeting the monthly budget. If we find that we are going over then it helps to adjust the yearly budget.

We also look at what resources have been used more extensively in the current month as opposed to last. The dashboard allows us to make these comparisons. From here, we can optimize resources and reduce costs. In the end, we also develop new resources.

Ideally, we can look ahead to see what we can expect by making changes to certain resources. This is done by looking back at previous months and seeing what the effects were for other changes.

Our second use case has to do with projecting profitability by looking at trends. We are looking at one-year relationships to search for tending patterns.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it helps us to better forecast and reduce costs.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better customization.

We have been using Azure Cost Management for the past year. More generally, we have been exploring Azure technologies for the past three years.

This a stable solution and we have rarely encountered issues. Sometimes, it takes a little bit longer than usual to generate our reports but it could be a website or network issue.

We don't manage the solution so we don't know about the scalability. Internally, only our IT management team uses it.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is not complex, although it takes some time to understand.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

More Azure Cost Management reviews from users