Azure Data Factory Review

Complete solution with good interface, workflow, and ease of use

What is most valuable?

The features that I've found most valuable, in order: That it is a complete ETL Solution, the second one is interface, the third one workflow, and the fourth one ease of use.

What needs improvement?

The only thing that we're struggling with is increasing the competency of my team. So we think that the Microsoft documentation is too complicated.

I would like to see it more connected. I know they're working on the Snowflake data warehouse connector, but more connectors would be helpful.

I've been using Azure Data Factory for a few months.

It is stable.

Azure Data Factory is a scalable solution.

In terms of support, we haven't used the direct support but the community support is very good.

We previously used the Oracle Warehouse Builder. The reasons we stopped using it were that Warehouse Builder is at the end of its life-cycle and its slow performance.

The initial setup is complex.

We first implemented it ourselves but we're using a partner now. We thought we could do it ourselves but we needed specialty help.

I would highly recommend Azure Data Factory as it has proof of concept.

What other advice do I have?

We have nine people using Azure Data Factory.

On a scale of one to ten, I give it an eight.

More Azure Data Factory reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with SSIS
Learn what your peers think about Azure Data Factory. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.