Azure Defender Review

Good security manager dashboard, that is stable, easy to use, and easy to deploy

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the vulnerability assessments and the glossary of compliance.

What needs improvement?

As an analyst, there is no way to configure or create a playbook to automate the process of flagging suspicious domains. Azure Defender does not have this capability and that is one of the features that is very crucial.

When we receive an alert on suspicious domains, we have to do it manually. We go to VirusTotal, or AlienVault to confirm. It would be useful to have it done automatically.

I have been using Azure Defender for three months.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution. We have not had any issues.

We have not paid for Azure technical support. We have not contacted technical support.

We have not worked with any other solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was easy, very easy.

Azure Defender is a bit pricey. The price could be lower.

We are also researching Darktrace. We wanted to see the capabilities that it offers.

What other advice do I have?

Azure Defender and Azure Resource Manager are all a part of Microsoft Azure. We use all of them.

This solution has the best security center, security manager dashboard that I have ever seen. I would recommend using this solution. It has everything in one place, and it's easy to configure and easy to deploy.

I would rate Azure Defender an eight out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Amazon, Guardicore and others in Cloud Workload Security. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.