Azure Firewall Review

Stable and can autoscale but requires more use cases

What is our primary use case?

We mostly utilize the solution for effectively controlling the networks.

What is most valuable?

The ability to provide better control of the traffic is the solution's most valuable aspect.

The solution is stable.

The solution can autoscale.

The initial setup is pretty easy.

Technical support has been good to us so far.

What needs improvement?

The solution isn't missing features per se.

Azure should be able to work better as a balancer also, instead of just being a firewall. It should have a wider mandate.

There should be more use cases, specifically use cases for domains for, for example, healthcare and specific use cases for web applications.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The stability of the solution is good. We haven't had any issues. It's a managed service.

The solution is autoscalable. It scales based on your deployment and/or based on your loads, due to the fact that it's a managed service. A company that expects to expand shouldn't have a problem scaling with this solution.

We have about 50-100 users on the solution currently. We may increase usage in the future.

We've had some experience with technical support from Azure. We've found them to be quite good and are satisfied with the level of service that's been provided. I would say they ar knowledgeable and responsive to our queries.

Before Azure Firewall, I used to work on a VPN-based firewall.

The solution doesn't have a complex installation process. It's pretty straightforward to implement. When we went forward with the solution we didn't face any setup issues.

Our initial deployment took about three months, and, now that it's a managed service, we've handed the deployment over to them.

I'm not sure how many staff members we used for deployment and how many handle any maintenance aspects.

While we handled the initial implementation, we get Azure to handle the deployments for us. We didn't use a reseller or a consultant to assist with the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer at this time. We don't have any kind of special business relationship with Azure.

I'm not sure which version of the solution I'm currently using is.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten overall. It works well for us in terms of controlling traffic and if is stable and can scale, however, there should be more use cases available.

More Azure Firewall reviews from users