Azure Firewall Review

Stable and scalable with outstanding technical support

What is our primary use case?

On-premise to cloud <-> Cloud to on-premise

How has it helped my organization?

Managed service.

What is most valuable?

Scalability, multi-zone and FQDN TAgs.

What needs improvement?

In a future release, it could be empowered by combining with Azure Private DNS and Front Door.

We've been using the solution for 1 year

The solution is very stable. When comparing it to other environments, it's actually quite impressive.

The solution is scalable.

We deal with technical support on a regular basis. I'd rate the service we've received ten out of most of the support tickets.

We use several solutions.

Unfortunately, I don't handle the finances or payments for the solution, so I can't compare to others.

FortiGate - also nice solution...

What other advice do I have?

We've used both the on-premises as well as the cloud deployment models. We also occasionally use a hybrid model. During migrations, we use hybrids. Once the migration is done, we move onto the full cloud and pass if over to private cloud or have public access as necessary.

The Azure firewall is prioritized as it is managed solution and does not require any infrastructure base (backbone) hardware support.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
More Azure Firewall reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Azure Firewall. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.