Azure Front Door Review

Easy to implement and affordable with a fast deployment

What is our primary use case?

We tend to use every aspect of the product. We use Azure Front Door, the Web Application Firewall on Front Door, and the Application Gateway. We implement all of these solutions for our customers. It depends on the need of our customers. The solution supports a lot of data publishing work.

What is most valuable?

The price is one of the most important aspects of the product. It's quite affordable.

The ease of the implementation is a helpful aspect. It's really, really vital. It's very easy to implement for our customers. We simply handle the first phase and Microsoft does all the rest. The cloud makes it easy. The deployment is fast.

What needs improvement?

I'm not a product specialist. There are other people in the company I work for and they are specialists in each of the products of Microsoft. I'm responsible for the governance and cost control of Azure. I'm not a specialist in any products and therefore I couldn't really speak effectively to features that are lacking or missing.

We tend to only focus on Microsoft products, including Azure.

The setup is not overly complex or difficult. It's quite easy to implement. The deployment is fast and is mostly handled by Microsoft. It's a great aspect of the product overall.

We help our clients implement the solution.

The pricing is pretty good. It's reasonably priced in general.

What other advice do I have?

We are a Microsoft partner. We implement a lot of products from Microsoft for our customers. We're a partner specializing in Azure and therefore we implement many features that Azure has. We implement Azure Front Door and Microsoft Azure Application Gateway.

Usually, Azure is a public cloud. We deploy only Azure. We don't deploy anything on-prem and so we deploy AWS specifically only in the Azure cloud. A lot of our clients these days are moving over to the cloud, and we are assisting with that process.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Amazon, Cloudflare and others in CDN. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.