Azure Monitor Review

Good monitoring of infrastructure and applications. The capacity reservations is a great way to cut costs by up to 25% compared to USE-BASED PAYMENT.

What is our primary use case?

We are a consulting and software development firm and we have a lot of experience with Cloud solutions. In 2019 we start our Solutions in Microsoft Azure. The Azure Monitor is one of the products that we used for our solutions and client tools to monitor the relevant infrastructur, applications and problems. Azure Monitor is a usefull tool to have a dashboard with all metrics information over all using enviroments.

How has it helped my organization?

Azure Monitor has made it much easier for us to constantly monitor the infrastructure and applications with possible problems. With regular use and maintenance, the emerging scope of evaluation data can also be clearly arranged.

Downtimes are no longer desirable these days and with Azure Monitor the undetected downtime has been reduced to a few minutes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the survey of surveillance data in real time and the useful dashboard.

We like the performance display of the applications and the ability to identify problems as well as resources on which they depend.

Service Health is very helpful in identifying existing service problems and leading to a quick solution.

What needs improvement?

Sending multidimensional metrics through diagnostic settings should be supported.

We have been working with Azure Monitor for the past year. In 2019 we starting in the Azure Cloud with our solutions.

Azure Monitor is very stable.

To this point, my impression is that it is scalable and it is a good tool to find infrastructure and application problems in realtime. We are in the B2B market and our clients are enterprise-level companies.

We do not generally use technical support. The linked help and built-in assistants can often provide immediate help. We look for tutorials and search the web using Google/Bing to find solutions to our problems if we have them.

In the Azure Monitor case, everything was self-explanatory and the additional online help was completely sufficient.

Prior to Azure Monitor, we did not work with any similar solutions.

I would say that the initial setup is somewhere between easy and complex. It starts a little bit easier with the wizards, but if you want to achieve the best performance then you have to know the product well.

Find infrastructure and application problems in realtime.

Using the capacity reservations.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing Azure Monitor is to look for the tutorial before starting. Then, to install and set up the monitor, use the wizards. The combination will help you to find the best ways to use the tools.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure